We all heard of tragic stories caused by digging accidents all over the news that have taken the lives of innocent workers by accidentally puncturing a hole into an underground gas pipeline. We would like to avoid fatal accidents from happening again. So we would like to introduce you to two of the safest method in industrial digging. Keep in mind that safety is always the priority for everyone.
Vacuum excavation is an alternative way to prevent dangerous accident that can be caused by hand digging. Its a non-mechanical, non-invasive way of safely exposing buried utility lines and pipes. You can choose from two methods currently being used which are water and air:
Water- The first option of digging is by using water or otherwise known as hydro excavation where high-pressure water is used to dig a hole in the soil. Water helps reduce the soils’ holding strength making it easier to break soil and suction all the mud. The vacuum technology partnered with hydro excavation helps remove all of the wet and muddy debris that is being suctioned to the tank where it serves as an avenue for liquid waste disposal Brisbane. This method can also be used in excavating frozen ground and the only difference would be the use of hot water to break through the soil.
Top 5 benefits of choosing hydro vacuum excavation:
1. Using water is less dangerous compared to other methods of excavation. It is also cost-efficient and more practical of you look at the big picture.
2.Less disposal of waste materials
3.Does not require as much manpower as compared to traditional digging
4. Cleaning is made much easier because dirt is stored in the debris tank, keeping the digging site clean and does not cause too much distraction on the road.
5. Allows you to dig through the soil without potentially damaging pipelines and other utilities.
Air- the second option would be air vacuum excavation. This can be done by loosening the dirt and soil with the help compressed vacuum air and collecting tall debris into the tank.
This method will give your client peace of mind with the following 5 benefits:
1. Helps reduce waste disposal by allowing you to return the dry soil back into the ground.
2. Very safe method because no mechanical moving parts will touch the pipelines.
3. Can be used to excavate soil with gas, water, power and thermal pipelines underneath the ground.
4. Less likely to cause damage or post a danger to underground utility pipelines.
5. Fewer disruptions and cleaner site.
Although water and air excavation have several benefits both methods are known for damage control and cost-efficient.